Monday 1 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 1

National Poetry Writing Month, or NaPoWriMo for short is something I just learned about a few weeks ago. I knew about National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November and had done it before, but didn't realize that NaPoWriMo was a thing until a friend mentioned it to me. I LOVED poetry back in grade school, and I was really good at it, so I decided that I want to try my hand at NaPoWriMo. So here we go! Join me for a month of poetry on my blog here.

To start it off, here is a haiku. I've always loved haikus for their elegance and simplicity.

And so it begins
Thirty days of poetry
What fun it will be



Today's official NaPoWriMo prompt is: write a poetic self-portrait. And specifically, we’d like you to write a poem in which you portray yourself in the guise of a historical or mythical figure.
I had to think about this a little bit, but I decided on Aphrodite, the Greek mythology goddess of beauty and love. Again I decided to go with a haiku since my brain was in haiku mode today.


From the sea foam I rise
Men call for my attention
Beauty of the gods



Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment