Tuesday 16 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 16

Today, I challenge you to write a poem that uses the form of a list to defamiliarize the mundane.  That's the poetry prompt for today.  Another day where I had trouble thinking of an idea.  In the end though the inspiration for this poem came from the blanket on my bed.  It's so common to see children playing with blankets, but when we become adults we loose our imagination and a blanket is just something you sleep under.  I wanted to re-kindle that child-like wonder and write about what all my blanket is.  Enjoy!


My Blanket

My blanket is so much more than just an ordinary piece of cloth.
It's a shield that protects me from monsters for they can not pierce the material. 
It's a delicious wrap as I roll myself up and become a burrito.
It's a map of the world showing me where I have been and where i need to go. 
It's a cape when I address my subjects as their queen. 
It's a picnic blanket for panda jelly bean parties in the bamboo forest. 
It's a tent that protects me from the cold and storms. 
It's an ocean of blue as I set off on a new adventure.
It's a guardian keeping me safe and warm all night long. 



Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment