Monday 29 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 29

The poetry prompt for today was all about emotion and analyzing emotions.  My mind kept wandering to Disney's Inside Out movie, so I decided that it was probably easiest to use that as inspiration for the poem today. As for what style to do, for most of the month I tried really hard to stay away from styles of poetry that I used a lot in grade school when I last wrote a lot of poems.  This included acrostic poems.  I guess I thought of them as childish and simple, but now that the month is almost over I realized that I should give this poetry style its turn and so I used the 5 emotions for Inside Out as the words for the poem, and then filled each one with things that make me feel that way.  Enjoy!


Just cuddling a panda
Observing a colourful sunset
Yellow clothing and shoes

Seeing a favourite character die in a movie
A family pet that passes away
Dear friend who moves to another city
Not being able to go to a convention
Erasing important digital files by accident
Soggy rainy weather for days on end
Spraining my ankle tripping over a sidewalk

Another day of eating boring sandwiches for lunch
Not getting any help with household chores
Getting home late because the bus was caught behind a traffic accident
Egocentric managers in the workplace
Rules that prevent me from being myself and allowing me to fill my world with joy

Fuzzy spiders crawling up the walls
Eerie shadow monsters that come out when I turn off the lights
Acrophobia, the fear of heights
Regretting that I did not try something when I had the chance

Dirty bathrooms
In a pot is the water from boiling hot dogs
Slimy seafood
Gutted fish sitting on ice for sale
Ugly itchy stained clothing
Soggy feet in soaked shoes that squish when I walk
Taste of mushrooms


Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment