Thursday 25 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 25

Today's prompt I thought was interesting as it had three parts to it, all of which seemed simple enough.  One, it needs to be specific to a season, two, have imagery that relates to all five senses, and three, includes a rhetorical question. 
That last one I found a little tricky, but the other two came quite naturally from the the inspiration I had for today's poem.   Lately I've been thinking about the pokemon hoppip, skiploom, and jumpluff. I have cosplays for these pokemon and I thought it would be a cool idea to take photos of the hoppip cosplay in the spring, skiploom in the summer, and jumpluff in the fall.  Well right there gave me an idea for the poem today.   So I hope you enjoy going through the warmer seasons of the year through the life of a hoppip.


Spring has arrived!
The songs of birds fill the air
Thick with the scents of fresh blooms
See the hoppips dance on the breeze
As the taste of the fresh sprouts in my salad
Remind me of the soft touch of the new grass

The long days of summer extend
Crickets chirp the long hours
As the humidity from a recent storm fills my nose
See the lazy skiploom float with the flowers
As the taste of fresh berries fill my mouth
And makes me crave cake as soft as the clouds above

Cool days of fall blow in
Crunching fallen leaves beneath my feet
The smell of a crisp evening lingering around
See the jumpluff twirling in the leaves
As the taste of apple cider warms my bones
From the coming chill rough as the tree bark around me

How do I learn the dance of the seasons
So that I may join you in your joy?


Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment