Friday 12 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 12

Today's poem prompt was to write about something dull. At first I had a hard time thinking of something dull.  Everything in my life is quite magical or special or colourful... there is very little in my life that would be described as dull.   The inspiration for today's poem came while eating breakfast and trying to think of something dull.  I looked down at my yogurt in the space bowl and thought that dishware is pretty dull.  It's not something that you hear people talking about or getting excited about unless they are getting married and putting dishware on a gift registry. lol But I really love my planetary dishware set, so it's not really something dull, but it's the best I could come up with.  So I hope you enjoy today's poem.


Planetary Dishware

This morning I traveled to Uranus
Yogurt and granola while I admired the view
Strong winds, but such a beautiful blue
Like looking across a clear ocean.

For lunch I visited Mars
I stopped by each of the rovers to say hello
While I munched on a sandwich of tuna
Finished just before the sandstorm hit.

After a long day I sat down to dinner at Jupiter
Singing its hymn I filled my stomach with chicken parmesan and veggies
I danced in the storm of the great red spot
And hopped across its many moons. 

I ended my day washing the planets clean
Soapy bubbles everywhere
Saturn floats, its density less than water
Clean again for another day.


Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment