Sunday 7 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 7

I very much enjoyed today's prompt after my more cynical poem yesterday. Today's theme is gifts and joy: We’d like to challenge you to write a poem of gifts and joy. What would you give yourself, if you could have anything? What would you give someone else?
My inspiration for today came partly from this TED talk about joy along with the book The Little Prince.  They reminded me of what I bring to this world, the gifts that I give to the world every day.  For my poem today instead of thinking about what gifts I want or what brings me joy, I decided to write about the joy and gifts I give to those around me. 


My gift to the world is the gift of joy.
Colour
Happiness
A ray of sunshine in the darkness

My gift to the world is the gift of passion.
Excitment
Determination
Sharing what I love with all I meet. 

My gift to the world is a memory of a simple time. 
Whimsy
Magic
A reminder of child-like wonder. 


Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment