Wednesday 24 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 24

Today’s prompt is to write a poem that is inspired by a reference book. Locate a dictionary, thesaurus, or encyclopedia, open it at random, and consider the two pages in front of you to be your inspirational playground for the day.
I took a bit of a twist on this, in that I based my poem on a word from the current book I'm reading: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Yesterday there was a really awesome passage in the book and I wanted to use it for my poem today. It may not be a reference book, but I think this poem still has a similar feel as if I had opened a dictionary. Enjoy!


Errorgance

Arrogant
To have confidence in what you say
That is a good thing
But what if there is too much?
Blind belief in what you are saying
Errorgant

Arrogant
To know what you are talking about
You've researched all the facts
But what if your knowledge is lacking?
Blind belief in what little you know. 
Errorgant

Climate change
Religion
Vaccination
Health and Wellness
Politics

Errorgance



Errorgant:  "it means to be twice as certain as someone who is merely arrogant, while possessing only one-tenth the requisite facts."   ~The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam 

No comments:

Post a Comment