Tuesday 30 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 30

Whew, what a month it has been with writing poetry every day.  While it has been a challenge some days, it's also been really fun!  It was great to get back into poetry which is something I really loved when I was younger, and I'm surprised how easily it all came back to me even after all these years.
The prompt for today was to write a minimalist poem, haikus are a well known example of this.  Given that my month of poetry started with me writing haikus I find it very fitting, and full-circle, that the month should end with haikus, which is one of my favourite poetry styles.

Today my thoughts are swimming with The Way of Kings by Sanderson.  The book has really gotten good and there have been little tidbits of info on the bigger picture that is taking place, which really has me interested. So many thoughts and theories swimming around in my head.  I decided to create a haiku about it for today's poem.

Stormlight Archive thoughts
Messages from the unknown
Odium draws near


And as a special thanks to everyone who have been reading my poems this past month, one last haiku to end it off:

One month of poems
What a delight it has been!
Sad to have it end


Thanks again for reading!  I hope you enjoyed this crazy month of poems.
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment