Saturday 20 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 20

Today's prompt is about writing a poem using language as it is spoken, rather than the grand and dramatic speech that is often used in a play or monologue.  My inspiration for this poem came from one of the prompt's suggestions which was to use something from a conversation you have.  Well I was out running an errand today and this thought process went through my head and I thought it was perfect for a poem.  Hope you enjoy and get a little insight into what women may think while they are out shopping.


Shopping Trip

OMG! They have a bright pink blazer!
Double breasted boyfriend style, will that look good on me?
I just gotta try it on!

It will pair perfectly with my pink blouse, the one with the little rainbows on it. 
And my red dress pants!
No... that would be too much. 
Black pants?
No... too boring. 
Navy blue pants! Yes! That would be the perfect outfit. 

Or better yet, a cute skirt!
I'm going to be the talk of the office. 



Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment