Tuesday 2 April 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 2

Today's prompt is to write a poem that resists closure by ending on a question, inviting the reader to continue the process of reading (and, in some ways, writing) the poem even after the poem ends.

I started by thinking about what question I could use to end a poem with and the first thing that came to mind was my anxiety.  Will I ever feel normal? Will I ever have a day without my anxiety? This thought is what inspired my poem for today. 

Anxiety


A ball of lightning inside my chest
Its energy fueling my thoughts and making me fidgety

I start to plan out my day
Trying to diffuse the extra energy

Eat lunch at 11:30
Go for a walk at noon
Be back by 1:00
Work until 4:00 uninterrupted  

Will my day go as planned or will something throw a wrench into it?

It never goes as planned.

Another day goes by 
Rinse 
Repeat

Will today be a normal day or another fueled with anxious energy? 
Will this feeling ever go away?



Thanks for reading!
Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment