Saturday 1 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 1

 Hello!

Woo it's the first official day of NaPoWriMo!  Let's get this started!  The prompt for today was to write about a book cover, the idea that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.  Well, just before reading the prompt for the day I was at my local library and in one of their front book displays was the recent book of one of my favourite authors, The Dead Romantics, by Ashley Poston.  I took a picture of it, and I plan to post it on social media, and it seemed like a fitting cover to use as inspiration for my poem today.  So here it is.  Enjoy!


Lying here with my book
Trying to read but unable to focus
My thoughts are of him
Are you thinking of me? 

Romance is dead
Except in stories
Reading true love conquer all
But knowing I won't find that with her. 

The world in books
A place where romance can be found
Not something of reality
Will he...Will she...
Prove me wrong? 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment