Wednesday 5 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 5

 Hello! 

The poetry prompt for today really resonated with me.  It is to "write a poem in which laughter comes at what might otherwise seem an inappropriate moment".   The past few weeks I have been through a lot, and all the while I've had a good attitude about it all, and I've had friends say that I'm handling things really well.  So I used that as inspiration for my poem, thinking back to that particular day and how even though it was something very serious, I can only remember the good parts about it. 


Smiles and laughs all 'round
As I grab pieces of my life from boxes. 

Fond memories of happy times
Nostalgia coming in waves
As I hastily pack things in boxes and bags.

The guys chat in the kitchen
About mechs, and hobbits, and other wonderous things
While the cloud of years of emotional abuse hang over me. 

A storm of emotions as I grab what I can
But all I can see are rainbows
Soon I will leave and I will be free. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea 


No comments:

Post a Comment