Sunday 9 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 9

 Hello! 

Today is supposedly Sonnet Sunday so I learned to write a sonnet and here it is! I’ve spend the weekend visiting family with their cats, so the cats became the inspiration for the poem.  Enjoy! 


Ode to Cats

Oh how do I express my love for cats
These fluffy beasts are all beyond compare
Their little faces asking for my pats
Pink nose and toes, their features are so fair.
They stalk about and hunt for things at night
Curled up on blankets sleeping in the day
Until a bug they spot and jump to fight
Never allow the prey to get away.
And now they meow demanding to be fed
I am their slave, provider of the food
They eat it up their thank you goes unsaid
They’ll thank me later if they’re in the mood.
My love for cats I have not well expressed
To have them in my life I am forever blessed.  


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment