Thursday 27 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 27

 Hello!

I feel like there have been a bunch of prompts this month that I just wasn't feeling, either because I wrote a similar poem in a previous year, or my brain just wasn't getting any ideas.  This time I made sure to follow the prompt, even the weirdly specific requirements.  I decided to write my poem about flowers.  I have this quirk where certain types of flowers just really creep me out and I felt it was a good inspiration for my poem today.  Enjoy!


The Lilies of Apprehension

The lilies grow by the back door of the house
Lying in wait, ready to pounce like the tigers they are named after
Patiently blowing in the wind until I wander too close.

I wish them to be gone. 

But my mother wishes them watered.
I stand back with the hose
Spraying water, the drops like that of the primordial Earth drenching them.
The lean towards the sun, knowing I am also near.

What will become of me should they ever get their way? 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea


No comments:

Post a Comment