Wednesday 19 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 19

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to take something that scared you as a child, something which still haunts you to this day, and write a poem about it.  I decided to write about the monsters in the dark because I'm still scared of those shadow creatures that live in the darkness that are going to get me.  I decided to go with a triolet poem because that poetry style always has a creepy feel to me.  Enjoy!


The shadow creatures lurking in the dark
It is me they seek to capture
Whether in my house or lurking in the park
The shadow creatures lurking in the dark
They'll disappear if light does spark
To them my body, my soul does enrapture
The shadow creatures lurking in the dark
It is me they seek to capture. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment