Tuesday 25 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 25

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to write a love poem.  There were some other minor things to include in the poem, but I didn't want to limit myself to that because I wanted to write a really great love poem for someone special in my life right now.  You know who you are.  This poem is for you.  To everyone else, enjoy!


Your hugs and your kisses and snuggles so tight
I love how you shower affection
All our days talking and hanging around
Together we've formed a connection.

For many months we talked and we gamed
You have become such a good friend
But now we can finally be something more
'Cause my toxic marriage did end. 

We spend all our time with working and errands
And other things boring adults do
I don't need grand gestures, or parties, or drinks
I just love spending time with you. 

Our lives my seem simple, our goals may feel small
Our future may have no direction
But to have you beside me as we figure it out
To that thought I have no objection. 

Sometimes I worry that we've lost too much time
That I've found you too late in my life
Can we still be crazy with adventures and fun
Could I possibly become your wife? 

The future ahead, it feels so uncertain
Who knows what tomorrow may bring
All I can hope is that together we stay
'Cause the thought of you makes my heart sing. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment