Wednesday 12 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 12

 Hello!

So the prompt for today is to write a poem that references itself.  All I could think of was this poem I wrote a few years ago for NaPoWriMo.  So I used that as inspiration for my poem today.  I wrote it so that it matched the structure of my previous poem.  I'm also having a overwhelming day, and I feel like crap, so that is also reflected in my poem.  Enjoy!


A couplet to help me through the day
When nothing seems to be going my way. 

Oh haiku don't leave
I can't stand this pain alone
It's too much to bear

A limerick now for some joy
Like a child receiving a toy
My anxiety
Will not get to me
This limerick I do enjoy

And now for free verse
To soothe the soul and bring me peace
Word flowing out
Baring my soul
All washes away for a clean slate. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment