Monday 10 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 10

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to write a sea shanty type poem.  It seemed like a fun idea, I started thinking of a few of the songs that I know that are sea shanties.  At first I was having trouble thinking of a topic for the poem, but then I remembered how I like to compare my current job as manufacturing coordinator to being a captain of a ship, and well, from there this poem just fell into place.  Enjoy!


Yo, ho, all as one
Work to get this project done. 

As captain I'm to guide them strong
And see the projects move along. 

Heave ho, lift the base
And see the walls screwed into place.

A baffle here, and fans attached there
And a grating with lines as fine as hair. 

Build another power supply
Through this Scisun order we will fly.

Another day, more work is done
It's arduous but the job is fun. 

As captain I will lead them true
Through all the projects we must do. 

Oh no, this project is going to slip
I must bail out this sinking ship. 

We're back on course, the forecasts are good
All is working as it should.

I am the captain of this team
Of a better job I could not dream. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea 

No comments:

Post a Comment