Wednesday 26 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 26

 Hello!

So today was another day of not getting any inspiration from the prompt, because it reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago.  So I just went with what was on my mind, which is more about decorating my apartment.  Plus I feel like I haven't done enough good rhyming poems this month so it's another rhyming one.  Enjoy!


Secret Garden

A secret garden in my room
my little hideaway
where I can go when troubles come
and feel them slip away.

The crystal roses sparkle bright
their fractal colours gleam
they look as if they're made of glass
so delicate they seem. 

The black wrought iron ivy
wraps itself around my bed
and another branch can be seen
holding curtains overhead. 

The pandas have their picnic
over at the garden's edge
there are so many of them 
in the small space they do wedge. 

My secret garden in my room
filled with peace and memory
and everything I love in life
where myself I can just be. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment