Saturday 15 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 15

 Hello!

Today's prompt was about someone who's seen as ideal to strive for and highlight any doubt you feel about them. I've experienced something similar in my life recently and so I'm going to use that as inspiration.  Not really a person, but an ideal life that was wanted for me, that I didn't want.  Enjoy!


The 1950's Trophy Wife

He had a plan for us
For our life
Our goals to follow. 

His contribution is money
The breadwinner
Who will buy me all the things I want
And supply a life of comfort.

My contribution is time and energy
Making dinner, maintaining the home
Creating a place of peace and comfort
Regardless of what other tasks I have. 

An amazing job I wish to work at
A life with friends that I wish to follow
But it takes me away from the house
I don't want to be the housewife.

But it's selfish of me to want more
To be more
To prioritize myself. 
So I leave, and seek a life I can make my way. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment