Monday 17 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 17

 Hello!

For today's poem the prompt is to write a poem about a local edible plant, compare it to yourself (or someone else) and use a repetitive phrase.  I decided to go with the clover because it's a plant I've always liked.  Enjoy!


The clover
A simple plant
But one that blooms wherever it finds itself.
So to do I bloom where I find myself. 
Its little leaves and buds of white or red
Sprouting up from cracks
Or growing free in patches in the grass
So to do I bloom where I find myself.
Its sweet nectar available for all
The bees and animals
And even for me as a child
So to do I bloom where I find myself. 
Harty and strong
The clover makes its way
Surviving, growing, flourishing
So to do I bloom where I find myself. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment