Tuesday 18 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 18

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to write an abecedarian poem.  These always remind me of grade school as I'm pretty sure we had to write several of these throughout the years, or at least something similar.  Today I used the theme of "new beginnings" for my poem as it's something I'm experiencing right now.  Enjoy!


A new
Beginning has
Come for me. 
Derailing my old life
Everything
Feels different. 
Going through the changes
Hoping for the best
I take it one step at a time. 
Just living one day at a time. 
Knowing this will get better
Life will go on. 
My current days may not feel
Normal or
Ordinary but I will not
Pressure myself to have all the answers. 
Questioning if I made the 
Right choice
Should I have stayed and
Tried once more to make it work?
Unfortunately I will never know
Variables are not clear
Wisdom will guide me forward
Xing into my new life
Yesterday a story ended tomorrow I
Zoom into my future. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment