Sunday 30 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 30

 Hello!

Yay! Another year of NaPoWriMo complete!  Thanks all who joined me for this.  The prompt for today was to write a palinode, which is a poem that retracts a view or statement expressed in a previous poem.  My first thought was to write a palinode of the first NaPoWriMo poem I did, or perhaps my first poem for this year's NaPoWriMo, but none of those poems were great for that.  Another one of my poems popped to mind:  This one from April 14 2021. One of the prompts earlier this month that I didn't do is a poem that plays with the meaning of a name, and that was because I had written that poem about my name back in 2021 so I didn't have any ideas.  The poem was still in my memory and I realized it was perfect for my palinode.  Enjoy!


Amanda

"She's beautiful" they said the day I was born.
She will be worthy of love.
Our Amanda. 

But am I really worthy?
What have I done to deserve your love?

I fill the world with colour
with sparkles and with light
I'm rainbow in appearance
it does bring such delight. 

My heart is big and caring
I always want to help
I'll do my best to be there
if ever you should yelp. 

I love to share my knowledge
of science and the stars
Together we will learn things
new experience of ours. 

For those who are in my heart
protection I will give
I'll help you grow and prosper
my job to see you live. 

I have done so much to be worthy of your love
And I can do more. 
Let me show you how I am Amanda. 


Thanks for reading!  See you again next year!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment