Monday 1 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Early Bird and Day 1

 Hello!

It's NaPoWriMo again! Yay!  
Like last year I have a lot going on in my life right now, so I'll do my best to post a poem every day, but we will see how it goes. 

While I wrote a poem for the early bird prompt, I didn't complete it until just before bed, so here is both the poem for the early bird prompt and Day 1 prompt.  

For the early bird prompt it was to pick a word form a short list and write about what it is.  Well, as in past years, I'm playing another Legend of Zelda game right now, and with "sword" as one of the words on that short list, it was a natural choice to write about the Master Sword as it relates to Tears of the Kingdom.  Enjoy!

The Sword

The sword is destroyed
Corrupted by evil
And broken to bits

A golden glowing light
Whisks my sword away
To a new time, a new place
To repair evil's doing. 

Rumors of a legendary sword
Perhaps in the forest to the north
Lost in an ancient wood.

I go, questing forth
To find the blade to banish evil
To save this land
For I am its champion. 


For the Day 1 prompt, it was to write a poem that summarizes a book you enjoy but haven't read in a long time.  There were a few books that popped to mind, but I had read them a few years ago, so I felt that was still too fresh.  Instead I decided to go with a childhood favourite (and still a favourite) book that I can't remember the last time I read it. I'm going to leave it a mystery as to _which_ book it is, but if you've read it, or know of it, it should be rather obvious.  Enjoy!

The Receiver

An ordinary boy
With an ordinary family
In an ordinary house
Living an ordinary life.

Comes time for him to be a man
To get his job assignment
His place in society
The Receiver.

Receiver of history
Memories of pain and pleasure
Of heat and cold
Of love and loss.

An explosion of colour
A shift in how he sees his world
While everyone else
Continues on in black and white.

No longer can he bare it
He runs away with baby in tow
To a new world
A winter paradise. 


Thanks for reading!  Here's to another awesome month of poetry!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment