Wednesday 3 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 3

 Hello! 

Today’s prompt is to write a surreal poem.  When looking up inspiration for my poem I was reminded of my jelly bean picnic poem from a few years ago.  I decided to use that theme for a new poem.  Also, that poem was written because Easter usually falls in April.  This year it was at the end of March so I realized there would be no Easter inspired poem this year.  So this is also inspired by Easter themed poems which I won’t get to do this year.  Or rather I am doing now?  I haven’t quite figured it out myself.   lol enjoy! 


The easter festivities are over
The jelly bean picnic has ended.

No more songs from the watermelon and the peach
their beautiful harmonies with undertones of berry blue.

The chocolate and the strawberry tumble into the gloom
awaiting the year for the party to begin once more. 

Pear with its vile sneer
making everyone's lives miserable.
Delicious as a fruit, but awful as a jelly bean. 

Forever at war are lime and green apple
Who is the best flavor of green.

Black licorice in the corner forgotten
always alone
never loved even in the crowd.

We wear pink on the days following the picnic,
Bubblegum, cotton candy, and strawberry daiquiri always the height of fashion. 

Orange and lemon debate who is the best citrus
lime joins in, they can't resist a fight. 

Easter festivities are over, 
but life continues on. 
Another year more until the jelly bean picnic. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment