Tuesday 2 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 2

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a platonic love poem.  It could be about a family member, or a friend, or food, etc.  Immediately at the mention of food, I was reminded of my Ode to Peach that I wrote back in 2020.  It's one of my favourite poems so I decided to write another ode to another food that I love.  In my opinion odes make for really great love poems so it fit perfectly with the prompt for a platonic love poem.  Enjoy!


Ode to Chocolate

My dearest chocolate, you make my day,
and make the sadness go away. 

Your sweet flavor and creamy brown look,
one glance at you is all it took.

For me to want your soft embrace,
and savor your dark chocolate taste.

With you the darkness disappears,
and helps alleviate my fears. 

I know I can do anything,
filled with the sugar that you bring.

On days when I feel sick or mad,
your company moves me to glad. 

Milk or white, ruby or dark,
a passion within me you always spark. 

This ode to chocolate, my favourite sweet,
I'm grateful for each time we meet. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment