Sunday 28 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 27 and 28

 Hello!

Yesterday I was moving, and had internet issues, so I wasn't able to post my poem.  So here is the poem for yesterday and today. 

Yesterday the prompt was to write an American Sonnet, which is just a sonnet, but with less rules.  I took inspiration from the anxiety I was feeling from moving to a new place.  Enjoy!


The anxiety fills me
a ball of electricity in my chest
making me jittery
upsetting my stomach
and making my thoughts run in circles
such a big change
so much to do
what about this and what about that
so much to consider
my mind and body race around
planning and doing all I can
and then we are there
in the moment with you beside me
and all the anxious feeling fades.



For today the prompt is to write a sijo, which is a Korean poem related to the haiku. I was hungry at the time, thinking about making lunch, so that is what inspired this poem today. lol.  Enjoy!


Gather the vegetables, meat, herbs, rice, sauce, and flour
Spend the hours making a delicious meal from scratch
A feast for the eyes and soul and photos on Instagram. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment