Thursday 11 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 11

 Hello!

Today's prompt is all about the number one, since it is the 11th day of the month.  I took the challenge of writing a one line poem, a monostich, which lead me to the idea of writing 11 monostiches to make a bigger poem.  Enjoy!


Musings of my Day

I hear the rain beat upon the metal roof as I sip my tea and read.

The melancholy I feel because of the precipitation outside triggers existential thoughts in me.

The contrast of the navy blue shirt with the faded teal hair causes it to shine more vividly. 

I look up at a sea of stars; am I the only one? 

What can be considered a tea: earl grey, soup, Saturn?

The dopamine rush from the beep of the scanner as another order is now complete. 

Embroidered flowers on a notebook cover are symbolic of my prose. 

Shiny axolotl judge my working habits.

The cookie dunks it in the icing for the ultimate snack.

Warm pizza pockets chase away the hangry.

My life going into boxes as soon a new chapter begins. 


Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment