Tuesday 23 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 23

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to write a poem about a superhero.  And easy topic for me in that I like superheroes, I'm a big fan of DC, so I thought about my favourites, and decided to write about the Flash.  The style for the poem is something that came naturally as I thought about what to write.   It has a galloping feel/meter to the poem which fits with the idea of the Flash running super fast everywhere.  Enjoy!


The Flash

My name is Flash
I love to dash
'round Central City and the world

So fast I run
it's so much fun
to use my powers to save the day

Run circles I go
punching to and fro
to stop the bad guys in their tracks

Go over here
then over there
a hero's work is never done

My current life
is filled with strife
but I wouldn't change it for anything

Now you can rest
knowing the best
is out there saving you from harm. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment