Friday 19 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 19

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to write a poem about something that haunts you, but afterwards change "haunt" to "hunt".   I decided to write a triolet because this prompt has a spooky feel to it and the triolet structure always feel spooky and uneasy to me.  Yesterday I was talking with someone about imposter syndrome, so I felt it was a good topic for this poem.  Enjoy!


I'm an imposter and soon I will fail
hunting by the knowledge that I'm not good enough
my carefully crafted façade is so frail
I'm an imposter and soon I will fail
To keep this going forever will be of no avail
The truth will be exposed and life will be rough
I'm an imposter and soon I will fail
hunted by the knowledge that I'm not good enough. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment