Wednesday 24 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 24

 Hello!

For today the prompt is to take a line from an existing poem and use it to create your own.  I have a few poems that I remember from grade school, when I first experienced and fell in love with poetry, and when trying to think of an existing poem to take a line from it was one of those poems that popped into my head.  My poem starts with the line from that poem, about how cats sleep anywhere, but I wanted to take it in a silly direction and while the original poem talks about more normal places cats sleep, I mention all the stupid and ridiculous places where cats can be found sleeping.  Enjoy!


Cat sleep anywhere
any table any chair.

Under a blanket, on the bed
comfortably on top your head. 

In a shoe box on the floor
right in front of the bathroom door.

In your closet with your clothes
hiding somewhere no one knows.

Between the cushions on the couch
in your favourite hoodie pouch. 

Halfway up the Christmas tree
somewhere they aren't suppose to be.

To a cat the world's their bed
anywhere they'll lay their head. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment