Monday 8 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 8

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to write about an encounter or relationship between two things that shouldn't have met.  Today is also the solar eclipse, and I live very close to the path of totality and I'm excited to view it.  Part of me wanted to write a poem for the prompt, but part of me wanted to write about the eclipse, and then I realized I could merge the two ideas into one.  It was a challenge, but I hope you like my poem for today.  Enjoy!


The Eclipse

The sun and the moon meet in the sky
their dance usually keeps them apart
dancing away then towards
sometimes close but never touching.

But today they meet
today they embrace
And the sky breaks.

Darkness where there should be light
Stars where there should be blue.

They meet for only a brief moment
But their encounter shakes the world!
and changes the fate of all in their path. 

The meeting of the sun and moon
an event that ripples outward
until they meet again. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment