Wednesday 10 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 10

 Hello!

The prompt for today involved a link to a site that has funny clips from old news papers to use as inspiration.  There was one where someone had commented that hair blowing in the wind is never as nice as it is describes in books.  It made me laugh because I've seen memes about that and have experienced it myself.  So I wrote a poem about it. Enjoy!


Hair in the Wind

I stand on this cliff edge
overlooking the ocean
watching the ships sail away
taking my beloved to new lands.

A strong wind blows
pulling at my shawl
causing my skirt to dance
and blowing my hair... into my face

It clings to me in the breeze
getting caught in my eyelashes
sticking to the ocean spray on my cheeks
and tickling my nose.

I brush the hair from my eyes
to watch the ships go
but the hair is back a moment later
and some strands poke my eyes.

Why did I envision this would be a special moment
and not the tangled mess it is. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment