Tuesday 16 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 16

 Hello!

For today's prompt the idea is to have a surprise twist at the end of the poem.  I know this kinda spoils the surprise for my poem today, but I can't think of a better way to mention the prompt.   Inspiration for my poem today came from my work, and a conversation I had with a coworker a week or so ago.  Enjoy!


Dream Job

I drag myself out of bed exhausted
and trudge to work on the bus
A mountain of work awaits me
too much for just me to do
and not much help to get it done. 
I pick something and dive in. 
It's not long before the questions start
about things not working or what to do next. 
I scramble for answers. 
My day is constant triage
which projects will I work on now
and which will be late. 
Our system needs constant improvements
and it's walking against the current trying to fix it.
Another day with not enough things completed. 
But I am making an impact
And things will get better.
My dream job. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment