Monday 15 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 15

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to take inspiration from stamps.  There are lots of odd and interesting stamps from around the world over the years.   For my poem I took inspiration from past poems I've wrote where it has a "write what you see" kind of feel to it.  I used that idea to write about the different stamps I was seeing online.  Enjoy!


Stamps

There's a black cat at a table
with a little yellow dish
several confused monkeys
and some penguins who want fish. 

There's a shrimp and rainbow sea slugs
and a royal cartoon mouse
a lonely little puffin
and a Snoopy without his house. 

There are several cats and landmarks
and an eagle with a snake
a group of fluffy bunnies
and a hippo jumping over a lake. 

There's a vase full of blue pansies
and a letter holding fox
The art of stamps is wonderful
every letter put in a mailbox. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment