Tuesday 9 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 9

 Hello!

For today's prompt the challenge is to write an ode about a mundane object.  While trying to decide what to write about, I was thinking how it's suppose to rain later.  A chance of thunderstorms.  I thought that I'll be ok because I always have my umbrella in my bag, just in case.  Which made me realize just how much I love my umbrella, so here is an ode to it.  Enjoy!


Ode to My Umbrella

My dear umbrella you keep me dry,
when rain is falling from the sky.

Your swirling colours of black and green,
ensure that in the gloom I can be seen.

For as the cars go zooming by,
I'm forced to walk and heave a sigh.

The rainy weather I do despise,
But my dear umbrella you hear my cries.

You rise up and open above,
for all your efforts you have my love. 

Keeping all the drops away,
you bring some sunshine to a rainy day.

Without you I'd be cold and wet,
a grumpy mood in me would set.

But with you there I feel content,
because the soggy feeling you do prevent. 

My dear umbrella, I give appreciation,
for always standing at your station. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment