Monday 22 April 2024

NaPoWriMo Day 22

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to write a poem about two things arguing.  To random things arguing.  While deciding what to write about I was eating a donut from my morning work meeting.  And I was reminded of how on the weekend I had both a brownie cake pop, and a regular chocolate cake cake pop, and how there was a comparison of how brownies were better.   I thought the idea of an argument between which pastry was better would make for a good poem, and settled on donuts vs brownies as that idea flowed best.  Enjoy!


The Brownie and the Donut

The brownie and the donut
are having quite the day
spending hours arguing
who's better in every way.

The brownie says, "I'm chocolaty
and sometimes filled with nuts
so rich and satisfying
much better than donuts."

The donut says, "I'm light and fluffy
with sprinkles and icing
and I come individually
no need for my slicing."

The brownie says, "but chocolate's better
much tastier than your dough
to make me is quite simple too
you don't need to be a pro."

The donut says, "I'm colourful
and many flavors have I
there is so much variety
that people want to try."

So on and on the pastries go
there is no end in sight.
While they are busy arguing
of both I'll take a bite. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment