Sunday 2 April 2023

NaPoWriMo Day 2

 Hello!

The prompt for today was rather convoluted and interesting.  Picking a few words from a list, write questions about those words, come up with a one line answer for those questions, then write a poem with those answers.  I admit I was thinking ahead when I picked out the words, coming up with a rough idea of what I wanted my end poem to be.  Still, it was an interesting experience and here is the poem. 


The king of birds sitting on his perch
Watching over the movement of essence from the mountain to the sea
As he sits he can feel the weight of the world pulling on him, bringing him down
While overhead the rumbling of the sky, bated into anger, begins. 
He wants more from life, his thoughts flowing from the heart through the soul, given words as it leaves. 
His heart calling out to another, wanting more. 
He will gift them the gift of cheese and fascinate them. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment