Monday 13 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 13

Hello!

Today's prompt was to write a triolet, which is a style of poetry I had not heard of before, but ended up being really fun to write! (I'll probably have to use this style again in the future.)   For inspiration for this poem I ended up going with a well known line from Star Trek.  I'm currently watching Star Trek The Next Generation and when writing this poem I wanted to take inspiration from many Sci-Fi sources.  But alas, I couldn't get a good rhyme that is required of this triolet style, so instead I settled on just Star Trek for this poem.  I call this poem "A Vulcan Blessing" because it reminds me of the first stanza of the well know Irish Blessing. Enjoy!


A Vulcan Blessing

Live long and prosper
Peace and long life
Live each day your best self, be not an impostor
Live long and prosper

Seek out opportunity, but peace you must foster
The actions you take must not lead to strife
Live long and prosper
Peace and long life. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment