Friday 24 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 24

Hello!

Today's prompt was to write about a letter or letters of the alphabet. I decided to go with my favourite letter "Y".   I liked the idea of using it as the focus of the poem, but also using it to represent the question "why".  As I wrote I found my tone getting more and more personal with this letter, as if Y was a real person.  I'm pointing this out because I hope you will notice and appreciate the increasing personification of the letter Y as the poem progresses.  Yea I'm nerdy like that, I'll evaluate and dissect my poems myself for you. lol.   Anyways, enjoy!


Why?

Y do you look the way you do?
Standing so tall and proud or curled up like a lazy cat.

Y do you sound the way you do?
Copying other vowels or making a sound all your own. 

Y are you at the end of the alphabet? 
Did you not want to be with your friends at the start?

Y do you play this game?
Are you a vowel or not?!

Y do you intrigue me so?
I love your shape, your placement in our words.

Y have you stolen my heart?
I love you. Please never go. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment