Wednesday 29 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 29

Hello!

The prompt for today is to write a paean about a pet.  I've never written a paean before, at least not knowingly, so this is something new for me.  As for the pet, I currently don't have any pets myself, but I grew up with cats, and my family still have cats, so I wrote about one of those cats.  Enjoy!


The huntress stalks her prey,
Green eyes glow in the darkness
And nose twitches in anticipation. 
Each paw step brings her silently closer. 
Her soft fluffy fur,
of black and brown tortoiseshell,
allows her to blend into her surroundings
in our condo. 
A dash!
A leap!
A pounce!
and she has reached her lookout.
Atop the cat tower
beside the window
the birds and squirrels stand no chance
of escaping her detection. 
She is the huntress. 
She alone protects the home. 
Ashley is on duty tonight. 
All will sleep well. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment