Thursday 23 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 23

Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a poem that uses idioms, specifically idioms from other languages.  As I looked into different idioms, I found that many languages have idioms to mean the same thing.  When I found a list some, and what they are in different languages I thought it would be fun to use them together in a poem.   I used my daily life, and my daily schedule now that I'm working from home, as inspiration for this poem.  Enjoy!


Get it done

Working from home
It's so easy to scroll through social media and online shop
But this project needs to get done. 
Time to bite the bullet. 

Talking with my supervisor

I need to fill in a spreadsheet, but I have a more efficient way
I'm told to do it their way. 
mordre la poussière

Dinner time

I've been avoiding the veggies in my fridge but now they're going bad
I better make something with them.
in den sauren Apfel beißen

Time to relax
But I haven't cleaned the couch in weeks and it's full of crumbs
Better vacuum it before I sit and watch TV
enfrentarse el toro

Waking up early

Time to get some exercise into my day
Why am I doing this again?!
стиснув зубы


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment