Wednesday 15 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 15

Hello!

Today's poetry prompt was to write about those who inspired you to write poetry.  For me this was really difficult because I have no person or poet who inspired me or who I try to be like.  Rather, it was poetry lessons back in grade school that got me interested and inspired to write poetry.  I liked learning about it and I was naturally good at writing poetry so I kept going with it.  And then when I learned about NaPoWriMo last year it was a great excuse to get back into writing poetry which is something that I loved back in school.   So for today's poem I found one of my old poems that I wrote back in grade school.  I use to have so many pages with my poems, but now all that I can find is this one poem.  I'm also going to include pictures of three poems that I still remember from those school days.  Poems that I thought were such fun that are still stuck in my head.  Please join me as we journey back many years to visit young me back in grade school studying and writing poetry.


I am what I am today, 
Not what I was yesterday. 

I am what I am now, 
Not what I want to be. 

I am what I am today, 
Not what I will be tomorrow. 

I am what I am now,
Not what I ever was or ever will be. 


Thanks for reading!  Below are images with poems that I mentioned above.

Attentea Danaxam






No comments:

Post a Comment