Sunday 5 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 5

Hello!
The prompt for today is to write a poem based on an image from a dream. The dream that I picked is a dream that I really did have, about 15 ish years ago.  I forget exactly when I had this dream, but some of the images and feeling from this dream are still strong in my mind.  The song Through Glass by Stone Sour reminds me of this dream so feel free to listen to that song while reading this poem.


I'm a monster. A freak. 
I'm me, but my skin is pale
with patches of scales. 
The ones I see on my arm shimmer slightly. 

I'm hunted. Pursed. 
There are those who want me
Running, hiding constantly. 
But then I'm found and captured. 

I'm in a museum. A zoo. 
A room with plants, grasses, and my bed
my prison now. 
One wall of glass for spectators to watch. 

I manage to escape. Freedom. 
Running up stairs with security behind
I reach the roof. 
I jump and I'm barely able to fly away to awakening. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment