Tuesday 14 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 14

Hello!

Today's prompt was to write a non-apology poem for something that you've stolen.  The whole idea of it made me think of the #sorrynotsorry hashtag.  I tried looking it up for inspiration, but didn't get very much.   For me the only thing I could think of that I stole that I'm not sorry for are my husband's fries.  In typical wife fashion, I often steal a few when he has fries and I don't but I don't want my own fries I just want a few. Lol.   I had a hard time putting those thoughts into words though, so I decided to use the triolet style that I learned for yesterday's poem.  Overall the tone of the poem came off a lot more angrier and harsher than just me stealing a few fries, but at the same time I like the dichotomy of turning a simple thing like eating a few fries into something that is worthy of a huge argument.   Enjoy!


I stole your fries.
Sorry not sorry. 
You did not see it with your own eyes. 
I stole your fries. 

I already ate them. You can't have them back despite your cries. 
I can see you are mad. This doesn't need to get gory. 
I stole your fries. 
Sorry not sorry. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment