Sunday 19 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 19

Hello!

Today's poem is an ode to life's small pleasures.  Between this self isolation and the winter weather we've continued to have, one of the simple things I've missed is the warm fresh air and sunshine of summer.  So here is my ode to fresh air and sunshine.


Oh fresh air and sunshine, 
How I long for your gentle kiss and loving warmth,
For I have been away from you for too long. 
Cold winds of winter and quarantine have separated us,
Lovers longing to be together once more. 
But now spring winds blow,
And once again you return to me. 
To leave the house and into the unknown,
And once again be in your embrace. 
Walking down the street, or to the edge of the world,
Together, the peace and comfort you bring me leads me on. 
I long again for the summer days when we can spend all our time together.
Oh fresh air and sunshine, you bring peace to my soul. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment