Friday 3 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 3

Hello!
Today's prompt was to write about a specific place and include all the little details about it so that it feels like you are there.   I decided to write about a fountain downtown near my workplace that I like to sit near on summer days at lunch.  As for the structure I was having trouble coming up with the words to describe the place, until I decided on haikus.  For some reason they come easily to me so here is a series of haikus describing the fountain that I know as "the fountain of youth".


The fountain of youth
water sparkles down the steps
to the pond below

Sit by waters edge
leaves float by on currents slow
birds chatter nearby

People pass me by
Suits and sleek dresses they wear
off to meet clients

Cool mist splashes me
picked up by a summer breeze
a peaceful lunch break


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment