Thursday 30 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 30

Hello!
Yay I made it through one whole month of poetry!  I feel like half the time I was uninspired and wrote garbage poetry, but the other part of the time I really got into the prompts and created something that I really love.
The final prompt is often one that is about ending or wrapping up the month.  But this year was a little different in that the prompt is to write about something returning.  Right away I was reminded of the quote:  "If you love something set it free. If it returns to you it's yours. If it does not, it was never meant to be."   It's also a thought that resonates with something in my personal life right now.  So I decided to run with it and here is the final poem for 2020 NaPoWriMo.  Enjoy, and thanks for coming along with me on this month's journey!


If you love something, set it free.
The thought fills me with anxiety.
I can't see
why letting go so easily
is the way that true love must be. 

If it comes back to you it's yours.
Love for you their heart stores.
Spending time with you they consider not chores.
Their heart and mind adores
when it's you who walks through doors.

If not, it was never meant to be.
They took the chance to flee
and though you may plea
in the end you must agree
that even though the future you can't forsee
on different paths you'll both be free.


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment