Monday 6 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 6

Hello!

The prompt for today was to use the Twenty Little Poetry Projects list to create a poem.  The list itself was fairly straight forward, but the trouble for me was coming up with a good topic for the poem for which I could easily to all the things on the list. I eventually took inspiration from my current D&D character and the Arcanis campaign.  Here is a poem inspired by Tana, and a little glimpse into her life before she left the forest.


I am the panther moving through the forest. 
Rawr! I, an elf, move silently. 
Birds chirp above, the smell of fresh earth below, smooth red berries on a bush beside me,
They taste like red. I've had them before. 
I am Tanas of Elonbe. 
Snap! I break another twig underfoot, each step another sound. 
My sword fighting master spoke to me this morning. 
He wants me to become a Laerestri. 
Go, leave the forest, you'll find good humans and become a hero! He tells me. 
Novaras!
The ancient words of peace of our people. 
The hunters became the hunted becoming the hunters for good people. 
Today is a routine patrol. I shoot a dozen arrows into a tree and run up them to the top. 
Tana, the one who stands above the trees and sees for miles. 
Someday I will leave this place and go on my own adventure in human lands. 
I'll be known as the fiery hero!
Find all the good humans. Savior of the elven future!
Novaras. 
The bow in my hands reminds me of the ancient words. Never forget. 
It is time for this panther to climb down from this tree and return home. 



Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment