Tuesday 7 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 7

Hello!

Today's poem is "to write a poem from the point of view of one person/animal/thing from Hieronymous Bosch’s famous (and famously bizarre) triptych The Garden of Earthly Delights."
Before this I had never known about this picture, so it was interesting to look it over and write about it. 


After looking over the image I decided to write about the owl in this zoomed in screenshot of the image. Come, meet the owl king. 


Owl King

I'm an owl, here I sit
In my fountain cactus home. 
Always sitting, always waiting, 
Never do I leave to roam. 

The other birds they bring me gifts,
And lay them at my feet.
For I'm the greatest bird that lives, 
That they will ever meet. 

The gifts they bring are glittery,
And sparkle in the sand. 
Bits of glass and baubles,
Collected throughout the land. 

The lizards on the beach nearby, 
Will make a tasty meal. 
I will go and pluck one up, 
When hungry I do feel. 

In my fountain cactus home,
I am the Owl King.
Always sitting, always waiting, 
In the middle of this spring. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam 


No comments:

Post a Comment